Oracle uniquely enables an information-driven business for today’s chemical companies. Now companies can manage manufacturing, working capital and fixed assets in a single business solution. As a result, return-on-capital and customer satisfaction are dramatically improved.
Know More - Maintain a single source of the truth in a fully integrated environment enabling full visibility across the entire value chain.
Do More - Automate business processes across manufacturing , supply chain, asset management and customer management for greater efficiency and effectiveness
Spend Less - Consolidate information and integrated applications to ensure lower TCO
Oracle has a strong position, particularly in the small to mid-size specialty chemical companies, mainly on the strength of the Oracle Process Manufacturing product and J D Edwards’ industry specific supply chain solutions. OPM was designed originally from the ground up for the Chemical industry as was a number of JDE modules, such as Bulk Stock Mgmt and Transportation Management. We have some presence in the larger commodity chemical sector, which is dominated by SAP. We also have a number of installations in Plastics and Rubber. Key challenges ahead include coverage of the large account base to drive our strong position and good references into the mid-market. Another key challenge is to convince the companies that have made an SAP decision that we have a viable ERP II solution to wrap around their existing SAP core. This often consists of Financials and not much more - leaving upside in the larger accounts still. A final challenge is leveraging the Global Team’s presence into emerging markets, in China and Russia for example, where important core systems decisions are still being made Here we have a chance to beat SAP in significant opportunities.
Chemical companies that use Oracle can improve return on capital, improve cash flow, and exceed customer expectations.
Key messages and differentiators
Oracle provides the only solution that allows chemical companies to manage the entire Asset Lifecycle:
- Connect and manage all information over the full life of an asset through a single data hub.
- Manage capital and expense projects to minimize cost overruns and plant downtime as well as manage project portfolios.
- Maintain physical assets to increase return on investment in plant and equipment.
Oracle enables cost and performance benefit throughout the Supply Chain
- Increase manufacturing effectiveness and improve product quality with the only fully integrated, built-for-purpose, process manufacturing solution.
- Connect suppliers and customers in collaborative planning and forecasting to create a more competitive supply chain.
- Provide advanced customer services, including vendor-managed inventory, real-time order promising, and exception management to create market differentiation.
Oracle solutions provide the information to manage global growth and merger and acquisition activity more effectively
- Improve asset rationalization decisions with a strategic support solution to improve return on capital employed.
- Visually model and deploy business processes to realize acquisition synergies more quickly.
- Integrate disparate applications faster and with lower cost than other enterprise solutions to deliver promised benefits.
- Oracle’s solution for Chemical companies is further differentiated through:
- Renewing corporate human asset investments by delivering enterprise solutions for learning, training, and process management (iLearning and Workflow)
- Streamlined process documentation and verifications (Tutor and eSignatures)
- Comprehensive solution for corporate governance (Internal Controls Manager)
Accelerate Recipe and Formula Development
- Lower product management costs over the entire product lifecycle.
- Decreased research and development cycle times. Improved R&D effectiveness.
- Improved market position via faster ‘time to market’ on new product development.
- Strong industry- and sector-specific functionality integrated with manufacturing systems
- Computer aided formulation
Drive Efficient Planning and Procurement
- Improved manufacturing efficiencies (e.g. integrated Mfg & Supply Chain systems across multiple plants, reduced inventory, reduced production and order execution times for increased customer satisfaction & higher top-line growth).
- Lower costs from strategic sourcing with partner suppliers. Better analysis & control of manufacturing & other costs
- Supplier collaboration
- Workflow-driven business processes
- Holistic planning system
- Better product quality, improved asset utilization, improved margins.
- Reduction in inventory via better lot control and handling of expired product and waste by-products
- Rule-based production with integrated planning
- Comprehensive costing methods, Enterprise quality management
- Computer aided formulation for re-balancing production batches
Maximize Asset Utilization
- Better management of project information, decreased maintenance, project, operating and labor costs & increased plant up-time. Reduced MRO inventory.
- Enterprise view of asset design item data & link to back office data
- Enterprise repository of maintenance data and link to back office
Attract and Retain customers
- Improved customer relations, greater customer retention, reduced customer service costs. Customer service as a competitive differentiator.
- Knowledge Base and real time alerts reduce cost and service cycle time.